September 3, 2007
I have dedicated a page in my website to articles showing Filipino talents, strengths, traits - Proud to be Pinoy articles, write-ups etc. Likewise, I have created a FILIPINO LINKS page listing links to other Filipino Websites. As such, I constantly surf the internet, read newspapers, magazines and even my emails for interesting articles of our kababayan here and abroad.
In one of my surfing forays, I came across the "YABANG PINOY" website. This is a group of young Filipinos aiming to support and uplift Philippine-made products.
A few years back, these names - Hyundai, Ssangyong, Kia, Samsung etc. - were small players in the international market. What do these names have in common? They are brand names of Korean products. I read in an article somewhere that the Koreans are known to be nationalistic with regards to their products. The Korean consumers enthusiastically buy Korean-made products. Today, these brands are globally competitive. The brands - Hyundai, Kia, Ssangyong, Samsung etc. are now well-known and respected in their fields in the international market. The nationalistic support of the Koreans for their products may be one big factor that has contributed to the rapid growth and globalization of their products.
YABANG PINOY's campaign for a social epidemic in Filipino pride and all things Filipino deserves not only the support of the Filipino consumers but that of the Philippine government, NGOs and socially oriented groups as well.
"YABANG PINOY" will be hosting the "GLOBAL PINOY BAZAAR" to be held at the Rockwell Tent, Makati City on October 21, 2007, Sunday.
I hope that by that time I will be able to walk without crutches.
No comments:
Post a Comment